Truck Rental Insurance

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Moving Truck Rentals and other Moving topics.

Should I buy extra rental insurance for my truck rental?

Truck Rental Insurance

As you are renting a moving truck the rental agent will ask you if :

  • You want to purchase rental insurance on the vehicle, for an additional fee of course.
  • You will be asked if you want to purchase optional damage waivers, which exclude you from any damage or theft of the rental truck or equipment.
  • You may be asked if you want to purchase supplemental liability insurance which will exclude you from having to pay for any injuries or property damage another party may claim occurred due to an accident.
  • The rental agent may ask you if you want personal damage insurance, which covers you while you are in the vehicle.
If you choose to pay an additional fee, you will simply check "accept" on the written agreement you are signing as part of your rental and be on your way. Many people think this type of additional rental insurance is a necessity. What you should first do before signing any paperwork and accepting this additional insurance is to check with your auto insurance agent. Your auto insurance may cover accidents or damage to rental trucks or cars and this added insurance isn't needed. However, if your auto insurance does not cover moving truck rental, you should seriously consider paying the additional amount to cover yourself. It is better to be safe than sorry.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Moving Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Candi Wingate