Moving Truck vs. Moving Trailer
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Truck and Van Rental Tips and other Moving topics.
What are some things to know about moving trucks and moving trailers?
There are several options when it comes to getting your belongings from your old home to the new one. Renting a moving truck or moving trailer can help you save money over hiring a full-service moving company. Here are some things to consider when it comes to rental trucks and trailers:
- Renting a moving truck can get expensive if you need to use it more than one day.
- A self-pack moving trailer can be parked at your home for several days while you pack.
- If you rent a moving truck, you may have to drive the truck yourself to keep costs down.
- Long-distance movers who rent moving trucks pay extra for equipment to tow their vehicles.
- To save money, pack and load a self-pack rental trailer, and let the moving company drive your belongings to the new house.
Some rental companies include fuel, taxes, and driving in the rental price. This can save you money, especially if you are moving long-distance.