Utilize Portable Storage
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Storage Tips and other Moving topics.
How should I use portable storage?
Portable storage is ideal for those who want to have regular access to their belongings but don't need them to be on-hand at home. When packing, take a few steps to ensure your portable storage unit is as functional as you need it to be:
- Use plastic bins instead of cardboard boxes. They are easier to see through when it comes time to access your things.
- Clearly mark each box or bin with its contents.
- make a map of your storage unit so that you'll know exactly what area of the storage unit has what items.
- If placing furniture in the unit, be sure to cover with a cloth or plastic to protect the surface.
- Electronic equipment should be packed tightly to avoid moisture damage.
- For fragile items, ask if there are temperature controlled units available.
- Always secure your possessions with a heavy padlock.
- Visit your unit regularly to check on items and keep everything dust-free.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.