Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Packing Tips and other Moving topics.
What packing supplies must I have?
When you are packing for a self-move, you will want plenty of the appropriate packing supplies. Self-moving can be quite a detailed process, but if you are prepared with the right supplies for packing, the move will seem much smoother.
You will need the following supplies when packing:
- Boxes: Obviously you will need lots of boxes of various size and shape in which you will pack your household items.
- Tape measure: A tape measure comes in handy when moving and packing in order to measure the size of objects to see if they will fit through a doorway or into a box.
- Bubble wrap or packing peanuts: These are needed to wrap breakable items before placing them in a box or to add extra padding to a box.
- Tissue paper: Many people use newspaper, but it is recommended that you wrap breakable things in tissue paper along with bubble wrap, to protect the item. Newspaper often leaves black smudges behind from the newsprint.
- Marker: A permanent marker works well for marking the tops of boxes with what is inside after closing the box. You will want all of your boxes labeled with what is inside and what room the box should go to when unloading.
- Packing tape: Packing tape is necessary for taping together the bottom and the top of each box you are packing. You can buy packing tape that has a sharp piece attached to it, which will cut the tape when you are done taping the box, otherwise you must use scissors to cut the tape, and so have those handy as well.
Do- it-yourself moving is something you must be prepared for; having all the necessary items is a must!
1/15/2009 9:43:32 AM
I am amazed with it. It is a good thing for my research. Thanks
1/20/2009 7:25:46 AM
I am unable to understand this post. But well some points are useful for me.