Keeping Your Possessions Safe
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Self Moving and other Moving topics.
How can I keep my things safe during a move?
Using a rental trailer, as opposed to rental trucks, for your move is a great and economical option. So take a few extra steps to ensure the safe transportation of your possessions.
- Be sure your trailer has padded walthatls or at least runners that will keep large items from banging against the wall during transport.
- If the trailer doesn't have pads, make your own using blankets and pillows.
- Tie down large, loose items like bed frames and other large furniture items.
- Check your trailer's locking system. If the lock provided is not secure to your satisfaction, supplement it with a large padlock during your move.
- Double-check that all doors and ramps move freely and smoothly.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.