Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Packing Tips and other Moving topics.
Disassemble any items and furniture you can, to save you time and space during your move.
- Pad furniture with moving pads, blankets or bubble wrap, securing firmly.
- Remove furniture legs when possible.
- Place wing nuts or screws in bags taped to underside of furniture so they won't be lost.
- Stand sofas on end and secure to minimize space used in rental van or moving truck.
- Place loose cushions in bags and use as filler between pieces.
- Do not unpack dresser draws. Move dressers with drawers full to avoid re-packing and to conserve moving space. Secure drawers from opening during transit.