Portable Storage Safety
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Storage Tips and other Moving topics.
What are some moving/storage tips for portable storage containers?
When you are using cheap self storage like portable storage units or pod/cube-type containers, follow industry recommended moving/storage tips for safety:
- Be sure boxes are taped and reinforced before loading.
- Tape electrical cords to appliances.
- Drain gasoline and oil from mowers and other gas-powered equipment.
- Store or properly dispose of any household hazardous waste (HHW). Only move or store these items according to instructions.
- Do not put poisonous, flammable, or corrosive items in storage containers for shipping.
- Secure items that could be dangerous: garden tools, sharp objects, heavy items, etc.
- Keep storage container doors closed and locked when unattended to prevent theft and accidents.
- Do not allow children to play in storage containers.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.