Sizing the Moving Truck or Van
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Truck and Van Rental Tips and other Moving topics.
How do I know what size moving truck to rent?
Before you go with a truck rental, do a size estimate. Each room of your home requires about 125 to 150 cubic feet of storage. Here is a guide:
- One-bedroom apartment:10-foot truck
- Two-bedroom apartment or house: 15-foot truck
- Three-bedroom house: 20-foot truck
- Five-Six bedroom house: 25-foot truck
- Estimate larger for houses with basements or attic storage.
Remember that each linear foot weighs approximately 450-500 pounds. Find out about weight limits before renting.