How to Choose a Rental Truck Company
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Truck and Van Rental Tips and other Moving topics.
What is there to know about choosing a rental truck company?
Here are some tips on choosing the best moving truck rental company:
- Get several quotes for rental trucks.
- Search the Internet for customer reviews.
- Check to see if the company has a knowledgeable and helpful customer service department.
- If moving truck rental discounts seem too good to be true, it may be a scam.
- Find out if the rental company offers more than one size of truck. You should be able to choose between different sizes of rental trucks, rental moving vans, or smaller vehicles to accommodate your belongings.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau to see if the company is registered.
- Check with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) to see if a complaint has been made against the company.
- Look for options - There are many economical ways to move besides budget truck rentals. Find out about self-pack trailers and storage units and compare pricing.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.