Tips for Renting a Truck
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Truck and Van Rental Tips and other Moving topics.
What are some good tips for truck rental?
Tips for truck rental:
- Know the size of truck you will need. You'll pay more for a bigger truck, even if you don't fill it. If the truck is too small, you will be stuck making extra trips, or you may have to rent an extra truck..
- Get quotes from several moving truck companies.
- Some local moving truck rentals charge by the day. Others charge by the day plus mileage.
- Book your rental truck at least one month in advance during the summer or for weekend use.
- Get to the truck rental facility early. If you are being charged by the day, you don't want to waste valuable moving time being late or standing in line.
- Ask about renting dollies and furniture blankets.
- Find out about insurance. You may be required to purchase insurance to cover accidents or mishaps.
- Check to see if your driver's license is valid.
- Expect to pay a deposit.
- Check the truck for: oil leaks, flat or underinflated tires - and operational brakes, lights, windshield wipers, and speedometer.
- Be sure to return a cleaned out truck with a refueled gas tank to avoid paying extra.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.