Planning Ahead for Moving Out
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Moving Tips and other Moving topics.
What are some good tips for moving out?
Here are some moving day tips to consider before you move out:
- First, make sure you have recieved the appropriate number of moving quotes.
- If you are hiring a mover, find out if the company has specific tips for moving out.
- Keep a few boxes available for last-minute packing.
- Be sure to keep personal items (keys, purse, airline tickets, hotel reservations, closing documents, etc.) you may need in a box or bag marked DO NOT PACK.
- Plan to confine your pets for the day.
- If you are doing the labor yourself, read up on truck loading and furniture moving tips to avoid injury and damage to your belongings.
- Avoid blocking driveways and entrances if possible. If you don't have many options for truck parking, talk to your neighbors ahead of time.
- Serve simple refreshments. Be sure there are bottled or canned drinks and easy snacks for everyone.
- Stay until the moving truck leaves to answer questions, supply important information, or sign paperwork.
- Tip professional movers. $20 is customary. If the job was particularly challenging or lengthy, tip more.
- Clean up after yourself. Do not leave garbage or unwanted items behind.
- If your movers are friends and family, serve a meal or provide a gift for their help.
- Consider using moving pods to get packed ahead of moving day. Moving pods hold the contents of approximately one room and can be dropped off at your home ahead of moving day. You can pack the pod as you go. When you finish, a moving truck will haul it to your new home.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.