How to Get a Quote from a Moving Company
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Moving Companies and other Moving topics.
How can I be sure to get an accurate quote from house movers?
Getting a quote is the most important thing you can do before hiring house movers, whether you are using local movers, long-distance movers, or international movers. Here are some tips on getting a reliable quote:
- Look for reviews on moving companies.
- Check websites for evidence of legitimacy and security. You should be able to access customer service by telephone, if you choose. Look for a physical address for the company.
- Find a company that accepts a variety of payment methods.
- Be sure the company is licensed and insured to do the type of work advertised.
- Your quote should always be a free service. Take your time and get more than one quote.
- Try to be thorough in your estimation of your belongings and special moving needs.
- Find out what kind of insurance options are available for your belongings.
- Ask if laborers and drivers are bonded and properly certified to do the work.
- Ask what the estimate includes and find out about other fees that might be charged.
- Get your quote in writing. Be sure you read the quote before agreeing to the terms.