Making the Most of Your Moving Rental
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Self Moving and other Moving topics.
How should I load a moving truck?
Self-moving is a great way to save money, but be sure you save your sanity as well. Here are a few tips for loading your moving truck on the big day:
- Whether you're packing up a trailer or a self-storage unit, be sure to get a size that can accommodate up to 15% more than you really need.
- Pack heaviest items first, at the back, then move forward with the smaller and lighter items.
- Be sure to have a few sizes of dollies to choose from. Never overload them; it's always better to make more trips than risk injury or breakage of your possessions.
- Use soft items like blankets and pillows as cushioning between pieces of furniture.
- Unload dresser drawers before loading them onto the truck.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.