Disassemble any items and furniture you can, to save you time and space during your move.
- Pad furniture with moving pads, blankets or bubble wrap, securing firmly.
- Remove furniture legs when possible.
- Place wing nuts or screws in bags taped to underside of furniture so they won't be lost.
- Stand sofas on end and secure to minimize space used in rental van or moving truck.
- Place loose cushions in bags and use as filler between pieces.
- Do not unpack dresser draws. Move dressers with drawers full to avoid re-packing and to conserve moving space. Secure drawers from opening during transit.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|